New pattern: VIVA LA FRIDA




Good evening,

I am happy to present you one of my samplers, VIVA LA FRIDA.   It is very different from yesterday's calm and peaceful swan design, it is very powerful, it works like a magnet. Well, she works like a magnet if you ask me.  She is Frida Kahlo de Rivera, Mexican painter.



It is not usual that a female artist became world famous. The history of art is the history of male artists.  I adore Frida to be a very rare exception, the strength and courage she had despite all the physical pain and sufferings she had.   Designing her was a journey.  I have changed the whole conception of her sitting on a chair in wild life to a standing in the front.  I know you might think I am crazy, but I think she made me to do so... as to draw a little rose to the pair of roses below.    We are both happy for the final result, I hope you will like it, too:-)


The little parrots are my secret favorites...:-)


The pattern is  availabe in digital (pdf) form in our ETSY shop or by email. 
The printed pattern will be available next week soon:.-)

Happy stitching!:-)


IN HUNGARIAN

Jó estét!
Örömmel mutatom be nektek a következő új sampleremet, a Viva La Fridát.  Nagyon különbözik a tegnapi nyugodt, békés hattyús mintától: erőteljes, olyan, mint egy mágnes.  Nos, ha engem kérdeztek, Frida maga egy mágnes.   Róla van szó ugyanis, Frida Kahlo de Rivera mexikói festőművészről. 
Nem megszokott, hogy egy festőművésznő világhírre tesz szert.   A művészettörténet férfi festők történetének láncolatából áll, ezért is csodálom Fridát, hogy egyike a ritka kivételnek. Csodálom a tartását és bátorságát, mindazt, amit elért a rengeteg fizikai fájdalom és szenvedés közepette, amely végigkísérte az életét.   
Megtervezni őt kalandos utazás volt.   Teljesen meg kellett változtatnom a koncepciót: eredetileg egy széken ült egy burjánzó kertben, de állni szeretett volna.  Lehet, hogy azt gondoljátok, nem vagyok százas, de úgy érzem, ő sugallta, ahogy azt is, hogy a kép alsó részében ábrázolt rózsapárból fakadjon egy kis rózsabimbó. Elégedettek vagyunk az eredménnyel, remélem, nektek is tetszeni fog. 
A kis papagájok a kedvenceim. 
A minta digitális (pdf) formátumban elérhető az Etsy boltunkban vagy email útján, jövő héten pedig nyomtatott verzióban is.   Boldog öltögetést!:-)

Comments

  1. Wow! Maja, you have done it again! Gorgeous and you are so right - a very strong design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am so happy now reading your comment!:-)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Frida Kahlo. I will definitely be buying this. I am so excited that you designed this since it is not a theme I would have ever expected to be able to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pattern is INCREDIBLE! I, too, will definitely purchase this one. I have never seen a Frida-themed cross stitch pattern before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very original, you are amazing!
    Raffaella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another magnificent creation! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love this design! Lovely colours and a lovely tribute to a great artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea for a pattern. I knew it was Frida from the preview. Those eyebrows were the giveaway! I love your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a beautiful design that, as a Mexican, can not let pass. Those unmistakable eyebrows, the monarch butterfly, the xoloescuincle dogs... the entire design is just lovely! And though I do not have time to embroider it right now, it sure will be soon in my list of projects...Thank you very much, Maja!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! How beautiful!! And so great homage to Frida!
    Hugs,
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. La grille est magnifique felicitation bonne soiree Marie-Claire

    ReplyDelete
  11. sure we love it too :D
    I do !!
    it's gorgeous, wow, such beautiful colours
    very well done on that new design :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Szia Maja! ez a samplered is tökéletes lett !!! Gratulálok, nagyon szép, hangulatos színvilága van !!! p. tim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonjour Maja !

    I am discovering your blog and your beautiful work, wow !
    I am going to buy your "Angela" chart, I hope I will be a part of those who bring a little joy to the children you are caring for.
    Blessings from a French mom of 6
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful design! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really a great original patternn, you are very very good! Compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Swoon! I adore Frida Kahlo!! I will need to get this pattern soon :D I just don't know how to order from Etsy...don't have a paypal account. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. я в восторге от нее!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. a Frida.. és a Hattyús hímzés.. az én személyes kedvencem.. Egyszerűen MESTERMUNKA Kedves Maya! :)

    IMÁDATOSAK!

    ... és akárhányszor erre járok.. csak nézem, nézem.. és ámulok.


    Pár hét múlva lesz végre kapacitásom kihímezni.. és nagyon várom már! :)

    Ui.: hamarosan írok!!!!! .. csak összeomlott a Facebookom. részben a gépem is.. meg még ezer technikai eszköz itthon :D Ahogy szokott lenni. minden egyszerre :)

    KÖSZÖNÖM!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there, I took a look at your etsy shop and could only see a paper version available. I live in New Zealand so a physical copy could be a bit inconvenient to send. Is there any way that I would be able to purchase a digital copy?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adoro a Frida Kahlo {friducha} como la llamaba cariñosamente Diego Rivera. Este diseño es una obra de arte en px. Gracias por éste magnífico diseño.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New patterns

JOYFUL WORLD SAL - JANUARY PATTERN

Joyful World - DECEMBER PATTERN